Please gather these materials before you start:
- Flowers (a rose, or whatever is available)
- Fresh leaves (redbud, tulip tree, maple, buckeye, and oak work well)
- Bark, small branches (any tree material that pleases you)
- Notebook and writing [utensil] implement
Set aside 25-30 minutes with your care partner for this session.
Write down the poems below (or select other favorite nature poems) to have handy:
1. My love is like a red, red rose
That’s newly sprung in June;
My love is like the melody
That’s sweetly played in tune.
2. I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.
A tree that may in summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;
Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.